Ironman ATIS 4000 AB
The ATIS range of AB and CORE training tables, which includes the ATIS 1000 AB, has been developed by Ironman specifically for this purpose with the 4000 being one of the most popular models. The ATIS 4000 AB has the ability to lock at various angles allowing the user to have the additional benefit of AB training while, at the same time, inverting will provide effective back stretching and relaxation.
This piece of equipment allows the user to isolate the abdominal muscles more effectively than bench training. This table is comfortable and the perfect piece of training equipment for those who, in addition to stretching, want to develop their mid-section strength.
Average assembly time is about one hour and instructions are included as are the tools you will need to put it all together. The device is a little heavy so, if you can get someone else to assist you it would help.
The Ironman ATIS 4000 AB inversion table is constructed with a steel frame and a heavy 2 1/2 inch nylon backrest with 1 inch of memory foam and an extended head rest. It also comes with a scratch-resistant powder-coated finish. This all combines to give a very comfortable and stable platform.
If you require additional back support, it also comes with a removable lumbar support pillow.
Included is a side holder for wallets, cell phones, coins and other small items.
The Ironman ATIS 4000 is constructed of extra wide oval steel tubing for extra weight support.
The Ironman ATIS 4000 Inversion Table in Action…
Once set up, the product’s dimensions are 58” Long x 35” Wide x 62” High (147 cm x 89 cm x 155 cm) and it weighs 111 lbs (50 kg).
The height-adjustable frame accommodates users up to 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighing up to 320 pounds.
If you have trouble bending down then you should be able to use this quite easily. All you do is step onto the platform, push down the ratchet lock and that’s all there is to it.
To get out, press down firmly, push towards your leg and then push out.
The “Comforter” ankle holders prevent any pinch point pressure while inverting and there is an extra-large foot platform for easy on and off.
The Ironman ATIS 4000 Inversion Table is very easy to use. To invert, you simply rest your body against the nylon backrest, put your feet into the ergonomically molded ankle cushions and then simply lift your arms gradually over your head. As your arms raise, your body gradually inverts to the pre-set angle.
It comes with inverted hand grips which provides for maximum stretching while inverting and also extra-long safety handles which allow an easy return to an upright position. If for some reason, you cannot return to your starting position, you can use the safety handle.
The “Smart Gear” mechanism allows the user to lock the table at 10 different angles. This prevents any “free falling” while inverting and also allows the user to “lock” the table at a 90 degree inverting position.
For the user’s comfort, safety and additional support, the Ironman 4000 features a nylon backrest.
Additional Features of the Ironman ATIS 4000 Inversion Table
- Heavy duty construction – for a more sturdy table without any wobbling.
- 10 different angle adjustments – allows you to vary your core exercises as your fitness level increases.
- Table locks into position while in use – you can vary the degree of incline, helpful for people who are new to inversion therapy. Enables them to invert more as they get more comfortable with the process.
- Extra Wide oval tubing steel frame – for additional weight support.
- Scratch-resistant powder coated finish.
- 2 1/2″ foam backrest with 1” of Memory Foam – extra comfortable platform with extended head rest for head support
- “Comforter” ankle holder – reduce pinching of ankles.
- “Smart Gear” – allows table to lock at 10 different angles and prevents “free falling” while inverting. Allows user to “lock” the table at a 90 degree inverting position.
- Inverting hand grips – provides maximum stretching while inverting.
- Extra large foot platform – for easy on and off.
- Extended foam safety handles – for easy return and body positioning.
- “Super Side Holder” – for storing small items.
- Includes a removable lumbar pillow – for additional back support.
- “Ratchet gear” – locks ankles in place.
Unlike many other inversion tables, the Ironman ATIS 4000 inversion table is not designed to be folded away.
The ATIS 4000 is a heavy piece of equipment. This helps to give it stability so that users feel in complete control. It has front durable rubber foot stabilizers for extra stability and can be locked for safely mounting and dismounting.
The frame comes with a 1 year warranty and the parts carry a 90 day warranty from Paradigm Health & Wellness.
- Sturdy and well built
- 10 Angle locking system
- Allows for gradual progression of workouts
- Easy to assemble and comes with all the tools needed for assembly
- Non-folding for storage.
- Heavy at 111lbs, however, this helps to give it stability in use.
- Some users have stated that the locking mechanism can sometimes be hard to move.
Well, it’s a combination inversion table and AB workout equipment. It’s easy to use and has all the safety features you require from a piece of equipment like this, particularly if you are hanging upside down.
The ATIS 4000 scores high when it comes to user safety. It has ankle locks, extra wide tubular frame, and a scratch-resistant finish for smooth injury free stretching.
Factors to Consider
The things that users liked about the ATIS 4000 outweigh those they did not like. Many were impressed with the additional comfort provided by the foam cushion and the stability of the device provided by the weight and the front leg grips making them feel safe and secure when inverting.
It’s dual role enables you to build on your core body strength. This is helpful and important for your backbone health.
The 10 different locking angles will give much needed variety to your therapy and workout sessions.